Nuit Blanche 2012 Installation Proposal.
Posts Tagged ‘ryerson’
Posted in Audio, Design, Head_Space, interactive, ryerson, VDMX, video, tagged 2012, art, blanche, design, installation, interactive, media, nanuk, nuit, projection, proposal, ryerson, university on 26/01/2012 |
Regional audio research in the GTA:
History of Binaural Recording:
Hansen audio, Richmond Hill
– high-end custom built speakers
– research into audio
– contact for possible binaural resources, tips on production
– “Harman’s binaural room scanning (BRS) measurement and playback system. BRS is a powerful audio research and testing tool that allows Harman scientists to capture, store and later reproduce through a head-tracking headphone-based auditory display the acoustical signature of one or more audio systems situated in the same or different listening spaces.”
Binaural Production notes:
– normal headphones are adjusted for pinnae interference in soundwaves.
– frequencies should not be adjusted twice due to binaural recording techniques already compensating
As a part of Ryerson’s Media Production MA program, a blog to record thoughts, information, resources and findings all in one universal destination, “the cloud.” So here we go.