Nuit Blanche 2012 Installation Proposal.
Regional audio research in the GTA:
History of Binaural Recording:
Hansen audio, Richmond Hill
- high-end custom built speakers
- research into audio
- contact for possible binaural resources, tips on production
- “Harman’s binaural room scanning (BRS) measurement and playback system. BRS is a powerful audio research and testing tool that allows Harman scientists to capture, store and later reproduce through a head-tracking headphone-based auditory display the acoustical signature of one or more audio systems situated in the same or different listening spaces.”
Binaural Production notes:
- normal headphones are adjusted for pinnae interference in soundwaves.
- frequencies should not be adjusted twice due to binaural recording techniques already compensating
As a part of Ryerson’s Media Production MA program, a blog to record thoughts, information, resources and findings all in one universal destination, “the cloud.” So here we go.